This special workshop is a collaboration of flower grower and florist, which is aimed to provide each participant with the knowledge and skills to grow their own cut flower patch and use those cut flowers to create beautiful cut flower arrangements.
Perhaps you’ve often thought you’d like to grow flowers to cut and enjoy in your home? Or, maybe you already have an established garden but would like to learn more on what to grow to get a consistent supply of cut flowers. Whether you have a small back yard with plenty of pots, or a larger area to work with, Kate is a renowned and highly experienced flower grower and will spend the morning of the class providing information, tips and guidance on what, how and when to grow plants that are perfect for growing to produce cut stems.
Kate will cover:
- What plants and what varieties to grow and when to grow
- Successful seeding sowing
- Maintenance, plant care, tools and materials
- Cutting process
After a light lunch, Pip, a florist with 15 years of experience and owner of The Flower Folk, will then spend the afternoon session covering floristry basics, and show you various methods to use cut flowers to make simple and beautiful flower vase arrangements.
This part of the workshop also has a practical element where each participant will have the opportunity to make their own floral arrangement using flowers freshly cut from Kate’s own cutting gardens.
As well as the practical element to the afternoon session, Pip will cover:
- How to condition and care for cut flowers to get the longest vase life
- Basic floristry design techniques and tips
- Styling techniques
- Demonstration of creating different floral arrangements
Included in the price of this workshop:
- Light refreshments during the morning and afternoon breaks
- Light healthy vegan lunch and fresh fruit salad
- 10% discount in The Flower Folk shop on the day of the workshop
- Flowers to make your own arrangement which you get to take home with you.
- A tray of seedlings for you to plant in your own garden